For my readers who don't need web site shopping cart software (probably most of you!), you can save yourself some time and stop reading here.
There are a bewildering array of shopping cart programs available to Internet merchants like myself, ranging from free to extremely expensive. Last year a friend and I investigated a number of them in preparation for a major revamping of my primary business web site.
We found that there are a lot of shopping carts that do some things well but very few that do everything well.
The reason we eventually picked ViArt is because it had all of the features I wanted at a reasonable price ($349 for the "top of the line" Enterprise version).
- Extremely customizable (not locked into a small number pre-designed formats)
- Unlimited number of products
- Unlimited number of categories
- Unlimited number of products per category
- Unlimited number of categories per product
- Bulk upload and download of product catalog and categories in comma-separated (.csv) format that can be easily viewed and edited in a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel.
- Integration with PayPal, Google Checkout, Google Base, and Google Analytics.
- Search engine optimized (SEO) page names
- Ability to show category images (rather than just product images) on home page.
Here are three of my web sites that I am using ViArt software on. Two of the three are using the free version! (Free has all the features of Enterprise except you are limited to 50 products.)
If you are interested in learning more about using or purchasing ViArt, please don't hesitate to contact me. (I can sell it to you cheaper than you can buy it directly from ViArt. I can also provide training in using ViArt.)