Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Coco's Echoes

 
Last Wednesday (a week ago) I had the unique opportunity to meet, in person, a Chinese friend I met on Skype several years ago. Since I met him, he's married and come to the US to pursue his Master's degree in public health. Nathan and Grace made a trip to see the western US (Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, and San Diego). They came out of their way to meet me in Flagstaff, where we had dinner at Coco's together.

Nathan and Grace are both survivors of the Chengdu earthquake. Grace was teaching English to a class of middle schoolers when the earthquake hit. They were actually practicing the phrase "What is wrong?" when the shaking started!

Last Saturday evening I gave a VOM presentation at a church in Chino Valley. When I finished, my host for the night said, "I'm hungry, let's go to Coco's!" So I had my second dinner at Coco's in 4 days. Kind of funny since I hadn't eaten at a Cocos in at least 20 years!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment