As Henry Scougal wrote:
"The worth and excellency of a soul is to be measured by the object of its love. He who loveth mean and sordid things doth thereby become base and vile, but a noble and well-placed affection doth advance and improve the spirit into a conformity with the perfections which it loves."This applies even to the kind of movies a person enjoys. So, for what it's worth (or perhaps I should say, for what I'm worth) here are my ten favorite feature films.
10. Jesus. The most translated, most viewed film in human history. Available online for free in over a thousand lip-synced languages. Unlike most Bible movies, this one is quite accurate.
9. The Runner from Ravenshead. Cute child actors deliver a message that even adults need to hear.
8. The Woman Who Willed a Miracle. The wonderful true story of May Lemke and her son Leslie. (Whom I got to hear perform in person when I was a child.)
7. Pamela's Prayer. Beautiful portrayal of what a Christian courtship can look like.
6. The Appointment. Tense, sobering reminder that it is appointed for men to die once, and then comes the judgment (Hebrews 9:27).
5. Audacity. How do you share Jesus with a homosexual? Watch this! (Complete movie is online for free.)
4. Fireproof. My favorite of the Kendrick brothers' productions, because I feel the gospel is presented most clearly in it.
3. Treasures of the Snow. A story of costly forgiveness set in Switzerland.
2. Time Changer. Is belief in Jesus necessary for society to have morals? Professor Carlisle finds out, with the help of a time travel machine!
And my all time favorite film?
1. Behind the Sun. The story of a young Muslim man who becomes a Christian, and must decide how much he is willing to lose to follow Jesus.
P.S. Luke, I hope you like my list! :)