Monday, February 1, 2010

How My Musical Tastes Are Changing

Often you can tell something about a person's God (or god) by the music he uses to worship him.

Here, for example, you can see a music video from a Christian children's TV program I enjoyed in the 80s. What does this tell you about my idea of God then?



Now, here is a music video I currently really like. Comparing it with the previous video, how would you guess that my perception of God is different now?



If you would like the rest of the words to this song (there are 2 more verses), Cyber Hymnal has them.

My musical expressions of worship to God will hopefully continue to improve as I come to know Jesus better. Even in heaven, where my praise of God will be finally and forever free of sin, I will still be growing to know God better and worship Him more adequately. Even there, my music will fall short of fully expressing His magnificence.

No comments:

Post a Comment