Friday, December 18, 2015

Please Go.

I considered myself well educated about other countries and cultures.   

But last month I got to take my first trip overseas.  And last month I discovered that no amount of books or photographs or videos can convey what it is really like to be in a third world country.  The masses of people.  The pollution.  The poverty.  The spiritual lostness.  If a picture is worth a thousand words, being there in person is worth ten billion words. 

You just have to go.  You just have to go.  Please.

I'm writing especially to those of you who, like me, have never been overseas before.  If you're an average person in a developed country, you will get about 4000 weeks of life on earth.  I'm just asking you to take two of these weeks to experience for yourself how the rest of the world lives. 

You will come back with a greater relationship with Jesus, and a greater clarity on how the rest of your life should be spent.  

And if you're one of the very small percent of people who really can't go, then consider paying for a young person to go.

Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment