Friday, April 12, 2013

Persecuted Church Conference in Phoenix

On April 20, the Voice of the Martyrs is hosting a regional conference in Phoenix.  Although I am no longer with VOM and am not planning to attend, I highly recommend this conference.  I have heard all of the speakers in person before.

Matt Rose works for VOM-USA and has traveled to many restricted nations around the world.  I worked with him at a number of events -- he is a great guy to work with.

I heard Darcie Gill speak when she was in Flagstaff in 2009.  Like Matt, she travels regularly around the world encouraging persecuted Christians.

Russell Stendal, a missionary to Colombia, has a remarkable story.  He was kidnapped by Communist guerillas there in 1983 and now devotes his life to reaching them (and the paramilitary and government soldiers) with the gospel.

'Sarah' Liu from China lived out her faith in Christ in her homeland. Her faithfulness ultimately led to her arrest, torture, and 6 years in prison. Reflecting on what she went through during that time, “I thought of Christ being beaten on the way to the cross. He suffered for me and in a small way I shared in that suffering for Him. It gave me courage to survive my time in prison.” 

To register for the conference, click here.

If you don't live near Phoenix, there may be a VOM regional conference coming to a city nearer you.  Visit www.vommeetings.com to check.


No comments:

Post a Comment