Friday, August 16, 2013

A Call to Love Muslims

I recently had the opportunity to stay with a Muslim family for several days.  It was a wonderful experience.  They were incredibly hospitable.  I encourage other Christians to look for similar opportunities.
I say this because sometimes Christians, sadly, tend to react to Islam in fear or hopelessness.  There is no reason for either.  It seemed easier to talk about the message of the Bible with my Muslim friends than with my neighbors.

I didn't make any converts.  But that's not my job anyhow.  My job is to be a faithful ambassador for Jesus, an ambassador whose words and actions correctly reflect the gospel (2 Corinthians 5:20-6:1).  God is the only One who can cause a heart to embrace the gospel.

Living with a Muslim family did not cause me to love Mohammed or the Qur'an. But it did cause me to love Muslims more.  I will pray more intently for Jesus to save them.

I hope to stay with Muslims again.  And I hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment