After you have watched the whole video, scroll down in this email for my commentary on it. (Don’t scroll down until you have watched it.)
- Freedom is not free. There is a cost to it.
- Freedom means more to those who have purchased it, and to those who love those who purchased it, than to those who are merely recipients.
- The daughters are blessed to learn these lessons at such a young age.
- These lessons apply just as much to spiritual freedom (freedom from sin) as to political freedom. God paid the ultimate price to offer us freedom from sin. Those of us who love the Savior ought to be stirred every time we sing of Him.
- For God to sacrifice His Son to save us from our sin would like this sergeant sacrificing his daughters to save Osama bin Laden. Romans 5:10 (NASB), “For if while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.”