Thursday, July 25, 2013

Will your son say this about you?

An email I received on Sunday from one of my customers:

Thank you for all your prayers for my Dad, Johnnie, and our family. 
It was in the early hours of Tuesday morning that we received the call that my Dad had a stroke and was in the emergency room at Mayo Clinic. Since that time we have been on a roller coaster of emotional and physical stress. Days seemed like hours and one night lasted for what seemed like an eternity. 
In every thing and at every step along the way, we were reminded of Gods' love for us and His promises to us as believers. Promises that He will never leave us or forsake us, that He clothes the lillies of the field better than Solomon ever looked in his finest clothes and that He sees the sparrow fall and has a much greater care for our welfare, All of these promises He has proven to be true specifically to us in this unexpected loss in our lives.
[My wife] and I have been, and continue to be, surrounded by a peace that passes human understanding. The death of my Dad leaves a hole in this life that will be impossible to fill or avoid. But God, is our refuge and our strength, though lonely, we are never alone. While we experience this loss, we are/were never lost or at loose ends. I can state with certainty that GOD is in control of everything that we as believers experience, whether is is walking through the valley of the shadow of death or having a lifelong security ripped away with no notice. It has been humbling to realize that I (and everyone in our family) has been protected from the "what if" and "where are they now" questions that must assault the non-believer when death makes a stop at their house.
As I take this time to remember my Dad, I am most grateful for him raising us kids to know and love God and what salvation through Jesus really encompasses. While he was not perfect (none of us are) he did present a really good example of how to love The Lord and to diligently seek HIM. Dad's efforts paid off, because during this last week of saying goodbye, it was surprising to find that we could sing to him. We sang songs of comfort and assurance from our childhood and while he couldn't join in, we certainly remembered him in church these songs. He was the loudest voice in church singing with both hands held high. Guess I know what he's doing right now!!!
Thanks again for your prayers and support,
John
PS: Please continue to pray for our family and feel free to forward this to anyone who may be encouraged

No comments:

Post a Comment