Monday, February 27, 2012

Why I'm Voting for Santorum

Hi G_____,
Any thoughts?
Leaning towards Santorum.
But haven’t studied it too deeply.
None of the GOP guys please me too much this year.
Pretty sure Obama will win 2nd term.
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

I just cast my ballot for Santorum. I do not have a candidate whom I support much. But I like Rick's ethics the most of all.

My brother was a Committeeman for the GOP in the Philadelphia suburbs several times and is still up on much of what the thinking is in PA. He says Santorum is appreciated for not using attack ads and speaking to issues. BUT he does not think Rick is liberal or middle of the road enough to win many states. He lost election in PA. He is too liberal for the really conservative deep South and Tea Party.

Newt is horribly obnoxious but may be the only candidate who can defeat BO. Fight fire with fire. He's smart and knows how to control Congress. He is one of them but they are afraid of him because the ruling geezers since Newt was no longer so influential would lose their power if Newt gets in. So, the geezers want the Mormon to win because he is more liberal and more of a yes man.

If Santorum gets a few more primary victories and Newt does well and wins in some of the large industrialized states there will be an open GOP convention and that will be a blood bath for all the GOP candidates. Not beneficial. Airing the false lies and dirty laundry will harm them all in a bid against BO.

Santorum doesn't have the war chest to defeat BO but may get money if he keeps winning primaries.

The carpet bombing, like in FL, of attack ads works. Should not but it does. Santorum has had a free ride so far on attack ad stuff because it has been aimed at the leaders and he looked benign. NOW he will have to go on the defensive or on the attack. Let's see how he does with that. I do not think he is believable as a bulldog. More of a Labrador in my view.

I wish we could win with a candidate who has the moral credentials Santorum seems to display.

The GOP may be trying to shoot the party in the foot again.

I like Dr. Paul but he'd never win nationally nor do I think he's got what it takes to lead the Party or the country.

Well, there you have my thoughts and opinion on Santorum for what they're worth.


G___

No comments:

Post a Comment