Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Gift of Contentment

The Art of Divine Contentment: An Exposition of Philippians 4:11- New Century Kindle FormatLast Christmas we received the gift of a book from a woman who has never sent us a Christmas present before, and who did not know that I love Puritan writings.  This book, The Art of Divine Contentment by Thomas Watson (1620-1686) proved to be a great blessing to me.  I didn't realize how much discontentment still lurks in my heart until I started reading this book, or perhaps I should say, until this book started reading me!  As seems to be the case with all Puritan-era writings, the book reflects an incredible familiarity with Scripture, clear analogies, convincing logic, and a convicting "punch" that you just don't find in most modern Christian books.  You can buy it here (among other places).

No comments:

Post a Comment