Hi again friends,
Mom got her X-ray and blood draw successfully today. The X-ray did not show any new compression fracture, which means the pain is coming from the buildup of food and gas in Mom's colon. She's even having trouble drinking water today because things are so backed up. The X-ray also seems to show that the "stopping point" is toward the end of the small intestine, or even perhaps at the ileocecal valve which joins the small intestine to the large intestine.
We also learned that the gastroenterologist that Mom is scheduled to see on Monday had his hospital privileges revoked at some point. So if she needed hospitalization he wouldn't be of any help.
Based on all the above, and the advice of friends with some medical knowledge, this evening Mom and Dad decided it was time to go to the emergency room. Friday evening is (from a human perspective) perhaps the worst possible time to go to E.R., but our God is sovereign and we are thankful that when we've done what we know to do, we can rest in His care for us. Thanks for your continued prayer.
I will keep you posted.