Monday, May 25, 2009

Will You Also Leave?

Yesterday I had the blessing of giving a message at Village Park Baptist Church in the Village of Oak Creek. I spoke from John 6:66-69, about why some people who follow Jesus walk away after a while. I started out by proving the rather startling assertion that the Word of God alone will not keep a person from abandoning Jesus, then discussed some ways we can keep our relationship with Jesus strong.

Here is the video if you want to watch it. (I can't stand to watch myself on video... I have so many quirky mannerisms when speaking!) You'll also need to turn the volume up a bit because the camera's audio reception is poor.



At the end (not shown on video) I asked if anyone wanted to come up for prayer. A young married couple and another woman came up, and to my surprise they shared their prayer needs with the whole church rather than (as I had anticipated) waiting for people to come pray with them privately. It takes courage to open up your heart in front of a group of people like that. The married couple was just visiting the church for the first time, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment