Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My (Belated) Take on Fireproof

I know I am probably the last person in the world to watch Fireproof, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

Fireproof was a fantastic movie. Even after watching numerous trailers and hearing glowing reviews from every direction, it still exceeded my expectations.

Fireproof has a clearer gospel presentation than either of the two previous Sherwood Films (Flywheel and Facing the Giants). And, as with the previous two, it really does a great job modeling interracial friendships, the importance of prayer, and the radical change that takes place in a person's life after they truly meet Jesus. Most remarkably, it is very romantic without being seductive or inappropriate.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Daniel, we enjoyed the movie too as a family ... and we're so glad we could get a copy of the DVD here in Malaysia! :D

    ReplyDelete