Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Trouble Sharing Jesus? Join an Evangelism Accountability Group

Christian friends, does fear or apathy hinder you from speaking with others about Jesus?  

I’m thinking about starting a weekly, one hour evangelism accountability group. It’s been my observation that I am more alert to seize opportunities to evangelize when I am accountable to someone else. So, I figured maybe others want to be accountable too.  Think of it as a sort of "Evangelists Anonymous" meeting.  

The hour would include components like these:
  • Accountability
  1. Whom did you share Jesus with last week and how did it go?
  2. What opportunities do you feel you missed, and how can we avoid this failure in the future?
  • Prayer 
  1. For more laborers
  2. For boldness
  3. For the people we have been sharing with or are preparing to share with
  • Training
  1. How can we make our evangelism more Biblical?
  2. What aspect of the gospel do you struggle to share clearly and/or accurately?
  3. Tips on conversation starters, places to witness, etc.
I will try to do a "test meeting" or two.  Probably using some combination of Skype and telephone.  If you are interested in participating, send me an email or leave a comment on this message, telling what times / days of the week are best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment