Monday, November 24, 2008

The Breaking of Karl Borman

I first met Karl Borman last year when I did a brief presentation for VOM at the church where he is assistant pastor. He struck me as the quiet, friendly, solid, dependable, content-to-be-behind-the-scenes type guy, ideal for an assistant pastor, and hardly at the top of my list for people whom God needed to break.

Last week I got an email from him after he stumbled upon my blog. It turns out that he's now got a blog of his own. God has done a major work in Karl's life. The best way for you to find out about it is to watch him tell the story in his own words. I regret that I was unable to find a way to embed the video directly into my blog, but you need to visit his blog anyways, so this will give you a good reason! Click here to be taken to the video on his blog. But don't forget to come back to read the rest of what I have to say!

What has impacted me perhaps as much as Karl's testimony is seeing what God has done in his children's lives through breaking Karl. Both his children now have blogs which I also urge you to examine.

Kiah's: http://kiahsonlineodyssey.blogspot.com/
Isaiah's: http://i-mansarchives.blogspot.com/

Ask yourselves how many children this age you know who are this in love with Jesus. It shows the powerful ripple effect that occurs when God truly breaks one man.

May God grant the Borman family grace to continue to walk humbly with their God, that the ripples may continue to change the lives of those who know them, including me.

1 comment:

  1. excellent writing on the blogs you have recommended.

    ReplyDelete